Final Correspondence- 2 years later

(Wed, 22nd February 2017)

To he-who-must-not-be-named,

Today, I went really close to your house. I couldn't muster up the courage to walk down that little lane which you said leads to your house. I think it was because somewhere deep down in my heart, I knew that if I go down that road, there's no coming back. Literally and figuratively.

Lately, I've been recalling how close we used to be, so much so that you even knew which dimple was deeper than the other. So can I say we were once intimate? Yes, I suppose I can claim that much without any doubt.

You stil haven't divulged and I still do not know the exact reason for the two of us having to part ways in such a painful manner. But I must tell you that the pain is starting to ebb away and so are the memories.

The last time I talked to you, I was talking alone. You had once more given up on talking to me. But I remember that you said 'I desire to see you', but I think that was just curiosity. Maybe you're feeling powerless being in a foreign country, in the sense you described to me before- powerless to keep our story from ending. That if I ever fight and stop talking with you, you'll be utterly and hopelessly miserable, because now you cannot walk up to my door and demand that I talk to you.Knowing your tendency to ponder and get upset about things that I consider as really far-fetched, I think that assumption rings true.

Maybe your extreme paranoia over this disability to prevent a possible grudge on my part might've induced you to end the realtionship for good and bear the pain once and for all and be done with it, than reliving it again and again.

Fair enough.

Maybe you didn't give me a reason becuse you thought I wouldnt understand it. So, my only consolations was to build up a reason from the scraps and pieces of things that bothered your mind back then.

Anyhow, I've given up finding  'the reason'. Whatever it might be, you must've given a lot of thought to it and made a conscious decison, well thought out. I just want to say that I do not hate you, I do not feel any anger towards you anymore. The thought of you is rapidly fading away into a distant dream I savoured with relish, but woke up from long ago. Nothing more. I hope and wish it'll be the same to you.

So now, two years later, I am finding that I'm finally able to say, I forgive you.

_Samya_

Click here to read the First letter - Last Correspndence

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Hindi Poem ~ "Pratiksha" by Harivansh Rai Bachchan

Third Time's a Charm

What is it like to be in Heaven..