What is it like to be in Heaven..

I hold on to his shoulder. He puts his fingers through the fingers of my right hand. We straighten our bodies to the correct postures and he softly places his free hand on my waist. And we are all ready to start the dance.

He dances so swiftly, never missing a beat. If I ever keep the wrong foot forward, he adjusts his footwork to match mine. It was almost involuntary, dancing with each other. He knows the beat inside my heart and I know his and we dance to that. We go on swirling, swaying, spinning, laughing, dancing till the crack of dawn, till our shoes are quite worn and it leaves us out of breath.


Once our tired feet are relieved from the shoes and soothed by the light breeze, I gently rest my head against his warm, beating chest and listen to its song of pure love. He puts his arms around me. I put mine around him. He kisses the top of my head. We hold on to each other for long.


Then we pick up our shoes and walk on our naked soles down the star-lit country road in its glory of expansive meadows and flowering hedges dressed exquisitely in the starlight, in a quiet embrace. And I think to myself, "I'm in heaven".



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Hindi Poem ~ "Pratiksha" by Harivansh Rai Bachchan

Third Time's a Charm