Graceful Fooling

Shades of pink around her feasted eyes
Soothing, loving words and every comfort
material and otherwise that a mortal ever craves
velvet at her feet, spacious luxury motors carry her
No one scorned her, or was scorned by her

I wake up from my daily nightmares
to the real one
filled with yells, scoffing and insults
And resort to pretence of sleep
as no more can I do of any result.
Flogged, abused, spurned, dragged
I stand forlorn on a crowded street
Passing eyes jeer with inquisition,
I feel like screaming out of it...

Her sweetly admired repertoire of intellectual thought
my deranged mind in all a baffled sort
Her kind, thoughtful words
my depth-less jabber, spoken to impress
Her recognition and love
my shame and hateful vows

I feel like strangling a weeping girl
with the hands she'd use to wipe those tears
I spit the filthy scoffing back at the world
with the lips she uses to gracefully encounter hurt with words

She, the beautiful Angel who looks over heavenly earth
I, the ugly devil boiling down all evil with which I'm fed, in mirth
we sit side by side, smiles on our countenance
Even God doesn't spot the difference
So we fool you each day with our graces.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Hindi Poem ~ "Pratiksha" by Harivansh Rai Bachchan

Third Time's a Charm

What is it like to be in Heaven..